2019 Indian General Elections are due to be held in India between April and May 2019 to constitute the 17th Lok Sabha. Its obvious that a lot of speculative trading will happen from now until the results are declared. In fact for one month after the results are declared there will be volatility.
See this movement of Nifty last six months from October 2018 to February 2019:
Nearly 1500 points drop from Sep to Nov 18 and then 1000 points surge in next 2 months. This is volatility. A 500 points up and down in a few months is considered stable stock markets – but 1500 move points is above average volatility. Be prepared for this for next few months.
So if you are a directional future trader life is going to be very difficult. You will never know when stocks or index will take a turn – I can only say be very careful with your traders.
India VIX will also be not stable so any guess work based on India VIX will also be futile.
Therefore you must learn to hedge any trade you take. Learn to limit your loss first – Profit is secondary in trading. Not making a huge loss ever is Primary.
Here are a few things you can do before the General Elections:
- Some stocks that were at their peak in August 2018 are now available at a discount. You can buy 3 or 4 companies’ stocks from different business sectors for short time of 3-4 months. If there is a run up to elections these stocks may perform.
- India VIX will keep increasing 30 days before the election start date and will drop after the results are announced. So if you are an option buyer you should take a long view not trade intraday.
- If you are an option seller be ready for slow premium decay due to increasing VIX at least until results are declared.
- If you are a future trader its going to be very though to find direction – even if you are right the stock may change direction at the drop of hat. Reason is pretty simple. Politicians will speak something in media and you will see its effect on the stock markets. The effect will be on a sector not on individual stocks. So its better you exit on small profits.
- Commodity trading also will be very volatile. Most political talks are on commodities so its price may get affected. You will see this volatility in commodity markets too.
Its better to be safe for next few months. So exit at small profits – do not leave money on the table. Do not regret even if you could have made more. These are the times when keep your losses in check is more important than trying to make good profits.
You Can Read More On My Site
What you should do now1. If you have still not subscribed for my free 5 days course you can do by filling the form above. You will learn a lot about option trading.
2. If you are a new option trader, not much experienced and are making losses you can do my paid course. I recommend Nifty Conservative Option Course for beginners because it is easy to understand and easy to trade. Even a 18 year old young trader or a housewife can learn it and start trading from next day. It will help you to earn consistent monthly income without any software or speculation or stress or big risk. You will learn proper hedging strategies that works in any market condition.
3. If you are banknifty weekly options trader you can do my Bank Nifty Weekly Options & Futures Strategy Course. You will learn future and option hedging strategies that works in volatile market condition.
TestimonialsWhat Traders Say About My Course
Course fees: Click here to know the course fees.
Here is complete process of my course1. Once you pay I will send you the course materials for studying to your email.
2. You read and ask me questions via phone/whatsapp/email to clear doubts.
3. Then you start paper trading and still can ask me questions.
4. After about one month you can start trading.
5. Since doubts can come anytime the support will be there for one year.
Within one month you can start trading on your own. No need to depend on anyone once you are on your own.
If you have any question you can contact me.
You can read about me here and my trading mistakes here.
Dilip Shaw, Founder
INCOME DISCLAIMER: Any references in this site of income made by the traders are given to me by them either through Email or WhatsApp as a Thank You message. However every trade depends on the trader and his level of risk taking capability, knowledge and experience. Moreover stock market investments and trading are subject to market risks. Therefore there is no guarantee that everyone will achieve the same or similar results. My aim is to make you a better & disciplined trader with the stock trading and investing education and strategies you get from this website. Please note that I DO NOT give tips or advisory services by SMS, Email, or WhatsApp or any other form of social media. I strictly adhere to laws of my country. I only offer education on finance, investments on stock markets in the best possible way as much as I can through this website. Still, you must consult an authorized advisor or do thorough research before investing in any stock or derivative before trading any strategy given in this website. I am not responsible for any investment decision you take after reading any article given in this website. Knowledge is the only way to get success in stock markets. I try my best to give stock market investing and trading knowledge through the articles posted in this website. Thanks for visiting my website.