Option & Future Conservative Hedging Courses
Nifty | Banknifty | Testimonials | Course Fees
Must Read Pages
About Me | Mistakes To Avoid In Trading | 3% A Month Is Not Less
RSI is Relative Strength Index. The name itself gives some idea of what RSI is. Strength obviously refers to what is stronger? Buy or Sell.
Disclaimer: Please understand that RSI or Relative Strength Index is just an indicator of the strength of a certain condition which you will read in this post. It is not a guarantee that if SELL strength is strong it means that the stock will fall, and if BUY strength is strong it means that the stock will rise. Please keep this in mind before reading.
RSI is basically a momentum indicator. Momentum indicator is what is happening at the moment in that stock. It was developed by technical analyst Welles Wilder.
RSI is a indication of what is recently happening over a period of time in that stock. It checks for gains and losses. Every stock has a different RSI.
RSI attempts to know the following:
1. Recent gains and losses over a period of time,
2. Measure of speed and change of price movements, and
3. Try to identify overbought or oversold conditions in the trading of the stock or Index.
What Is The Formulae For Strength Index – RSI?
To know RSI two things are required:
1. Find out average gain during specified time frame.
2. Find out average loss during specified time frame.
Then take out the RS value for each closing day.
RS = Average gain of up periods during the specified time frame / Average loss of down periods during the specified time frame.
Average Loss equals the sum of the losses divided by 14 for the first calculation.
For subsequent calculations multiply the prior value by 13, add the most recent value and then divide the total by 14.
Bit complicated but people who trade on RSI values find it.
The same applies to Average Gain.
This is the formulae to calculate RSI:
RSI = 100 – 100 / (1 + RS)
RSI values range from 0 to 100. The default time frame for comparing up periods is 14 trading days.
Note that RS is the most important value to find. You will need to use an Excel sheet to get it done faster.
But you will have to write the closing rates manually.
You can get this data from your broker.
Or historical close data from NSE website:
What To Do With Data of RSI?
Traditionally RSI traders do this:
RSI value of 70 or above indicate that a security is becoming overbought – it is a signal to SELL as the trend may reverse.
RSI value of 30 or below indicate that a security is becoming oversold – it is a signal to BUY as the trend may reverse.
Note: Advanced traders do not only depend 100% on RSI indicators, they also have other signals in place to decide the trend.
For example sudden drop may indicate a SELL signal by RS, but the stock may reverse.
Some traders use extreme RSI values to buy or sell. Like they treat 80+ as overbought and 20- as oversold.
RSI is one of the easiest technical tools there to find out direction of a stock and trade, still you can see how complicated it is. Further there is no gurantee of even 70% success, this is the reason I highly recommend Non-Directional, No Technical Analysis trading.
You Can Read More On My Site
What you should do now1. If you have still not subscribed for my free 5 days course you can do by filling the form above. You will learn a lot about option trading.
2. If you are a new option trader, not much experienced and are making losses you can do my paid course. I recommend Nifty Conservative Option Course for beginners because it is easy to understand and easy to trade. Even a 18 year old young trader or a housewife can learn it and start trading from next day. It will help you to earn consistent monthly income without any software or speculation or stress or big risk. You will learn proper hedging strategies that works in any market condition.
3. If you are banknifty weekly options trader you can do my Bank Nifty Weekly Options & Futures Strategy Course. You will learn future and option hedging strategies that works in volatile market condition.
TestimonialsWhat Traders Say About My Course
Course fees: Click here to know the course fees.
Here is complete process of my course1. Once you pay I will send you the course materials for studying to your email.
2. You read and ask me questions via phone/whatsapp/email to clear doubts.
3. Then you start paper trading and still can ask me questions.
4. After about one month you can start trading.
5. Since doubts can come anytime the support will be there for one year.
Within one month you can start trading on your own. No need to depend on anyone once you are on your own.
If you have any question you can contact me.
You can read about me here and my trading mistakes here.
Dilip Shaw, Founder
INCOME DISCLAIMER: Any references in this site of income made by the traders are given to me by them either through Email or WhatsApp as a Thank You message. However every trade depends on the trader and his level of risk taking capability, knowledge and experience. Moreover stock market investments and trading are subject to market risks. Therefore there is no guarantee that everyone will achieve the same or similar results. My aim is to make you a better & disciplined trader with the stock trading and investing education and strategies you get from this website. Please note that I DO NOT give tips or advisory services by SMS, Email, or WhatsApp or any other form of social media. I strictly adhere to laws of my country. I only offer education on finance, investments on stock markets in the best possible way as much as I can through this website. Still, you must consult an authorized advisor or do thorough research before investing in any stock or derivative before trading any strategy given in this website. I am not responsible for any investment decision you take after reading any article given in this website. Knowledge is the only way to get success in stock markets. I try my best to give stock market investing and trading knowledge through the articles posted in this website. Thanks for visiting my website.