Date: Monday, 05-June-2017
Nifty has rallied from 8000 levels to the highest in history today: 9685.15
Learn why you should avoid temptation to buy stocks in a bull rally, wait for a fall and then buy stocks as per your choice.
In a bull rally most investors get lured by temptation to participate in the rally and make quick money and end up getting caught at the peak.
In the history of stock markets which bull rally ran permanently? None. What goes up has to come down and what comes down has to go up. This is the nature of stock markets.
Mistakes To Avoid In a Stock Rally
1. Temptation to Buy Stocks – Too many investors are now in a buying frenzy mode as if stocks will never fall. This is a huge mistake. This is the time to sell not to buy. Of course to sell you must have stocks in your portfolio that are making good profits. If you did not buy earlier when the stocks were at attractive prices, you did a mistake. If you buy now you will do a double mistake. Avoid your temptation to buy stocks now.
2. It is A Very Costly Market Now You are getting a deal but its very costly. Will you go for this deal? Yes there is a feeling that Nifty may touch 10,000 who knows but the deal is costly and the risk is too much. It is better to leave a costly deal and wait for a better deal.
3. Chance of a Bubble – Agreed now government across the world have taken considerable steps to avoid the recession like situation in 2007-08, but who knows what is happening? Why risk your money when it can be avoided. There is little chance of a bubble, but its better to sit sideways.
4. Aggressive Shorting – There are a lot of contrarian traders. They always short the markets whenever they see a bull market. Positional shorting cannot be done on stocks so they take aggressive bets on options shorting. I am sure a lot of traders are now shorting at the money options or just out of the money ones trying to capture the maximum profit. They forget that in a bull market option premiums are very low so the risk reward ratio is very bad. See India VIX on 05-June-2017. It is less that 11. Range of 9-12 is considered low for VIX. VIX or Volatility Index has a big role to play in deciding option premiums. It forces trader to come near the money to short options to make more money. They do not even hedge and if the rally continues they end up making huge losses.
India VIX as on 05-June-2017:
Learn proper option hedging methods in my conservative options trading course.
5. Depending on Trading Software – I am sure all trading software must be giving a buy signal. Software does not have a brain. When it sees no downfall for days it will obviously make a straight line up. The software cannot predict a fall. No software ever predicted a bull run or a great fall and they will never do. I have never traded based on any software because I believe business is done by humans not machines. The article you are reading now is written by me not a machine. Similarly the money you will keep to trade will be yours, the profit and losses will be yours – then why follow a software? Like your place in your job/business cannot be replaced by a robot or a machine, what makes you think software can trade?
Read this how automated trading systems can fail big time.
The system wins only 38% of its trades. The average winning trade lasts 153 days, whereas the average loser lasts only 55 days. If we look at monthly returns, however, six out of 10 months make money. Our winning months average $7,028, and our average losing month is –$5,805. At first glance, this may seem like a paradox—how can only 38% of the trades make money, while 60% of the months are winners? The answer lies in the role of time. This is a trend-following system; as such, a large percentage of trades shows an interim profit at some point even though (per the rules of the system) only 38% are closed out as winners.
Because the average winning trade lasts 153 days, we can assume we must trade for at least 600 days before we make money. That would be just four winning trade periods. Even though it may seem like a long time (almost two years), it is still a short period measured in terms of trade time frame.
On May 6, 2010, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined about 1,000 points (about 9 percent) and recovered those losses within minutes. It was the second-largest point swing (1,010.14 points) and the largest one-day point decline (998.5 points) on an intraday basis in the Average’s history. This market disruption became known as the Flash Crash and resulted in U.S. regulators issuing new regulations to control market access achieved through automated trading.
On August 1, 2012, between 9:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. EDT, Knight Capital Group lost four times its 2011 net income. Knight’s CEO Thomas Joyce stated, on the day after the market disruption, that the firm had “all hands on deck” to fix a bug in one of Knight’s trading algorithms that submitted erroneous orders to exchanges for nearly 150 different stocks. Trading volumes soared in so many issues, that the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SYMBOL: SPY), which is generally the most heavily traded U.S. security, became the 52nd-most traded stock on that day, according to Eric Hunsader, CEO of market data service Nanex. Knight shares closed down 62 percent as a result of the trading error and Knight Capital nearly collapsed. Knight ultimately reached an agreement to merge with Getco, a Chicago-based high-speed trading firm.
One small mistake by the software and the trader loses his shirt or may have to sell his home to at least put food on the table.
Never do these mistakes in your trading life especially in a Bull Run which attracts most investors to stock markets.
You Can Read More On My Site
What you should do now1. If you have still not subscribed for my free 5 days course you can do by filling the form above. You will learn a lot about option trading.
2. If you are a new option trader, not much experienced and are making losses you can do my paid course. I recommend Nifty Conservative Option Course for beginners because it is easy to understand and easy to trade. Even a 18 year old young trader or a housewife can learn it and start trading from next day. It will help you to earn consistent monthly income without any software or speculation or stress or big risk. You will learn proper hedging strategies that works in any market condition.
3. If you are banknifty weekly options trader you can do my Bank Nifty Weekly Options & Futures Strategy Course. You will learn future and option hedging strategies that works in volatile market condition.
TestimonialsWhat Traders Say About My Course
Course fees: Click here to know the course fees.
Here is complete process of my course1. Once you pay I will send you the course materials for studying to your email.
2. You read and ask me questions via phone/whatsapp/email to clear doubts.
3. Then you start paper trading and still can ask me questions.
4. After about one month you can start trading.
5. Since doubts can come anytime the support will be there for one year.
Within one month you can start trading on your own. No need to depend on anyone once you are on your own.
If you have any question you can contact me.
You can read about me here and my trading mistakes here.
Dilip Shaw, Founder
INCOME DISCLAIMER: Any references in this site of income made by the traders are given to me by them either through Email or WhatsApp as a Thank You message. However every trade depends on the trader and his level of risk taking capability, knowledge and experience. Moreover stock market investments and trading are subject to market risks. Therefore there is no guarantee that everyone will achieve the same or similar results. My aim is to make you a better & disciplined trader with the stock trading and investing education and strategies you get from this website. Please note that I DO NOT give tips or advisory services by SMS, Email, or WhatsApp or any other form of social media. I strictly adhere to laws of my country. I only offer education on finance, investments on stock markets in the best possible way as much as I can through this website. Still, you must consult an authorized advisor or do thorough research before investing in any stock or derivative before trading any strategy given in this website. I am not responsible for any investment decision you take after reading any article given in this website. Knowledge is the only way to get success in stock markets. I try my best to give stock market investing and trading knowledge through the articles posted in this website. Thanks for visiting my website.