In the article why emotional investing and trading must be avoided we discussed why emotional trading is bad for traders and must be avoided.
This article helps to understand how to avoid emotional investing and trading in stock markets. Advice in this article will help you to understand how to keep emotional trading and investing under check and control.
Bad Financial Portfolio Risk Management
Most stock traders get into stock investing and trading more for the “greed part” and “make money fast part”, and in haste forget their finances and investment capacity. A lot of them take a personal loan for no reason except to trade the stock markets. This is a huge mistake.
You can read how I manage my finances using the 25-25-25-25 Financial Portfolio Risk Management Rule, and do not let the rules of my financial management break at any cost even if I am absolutely sure a particular stock will make a return of 20% in one year.
In Short My Financial Portfolio Risk Management Rules Are:
- 25% of what I save are invested in fixed return instruments guaranteed by Government of India like Bank Fixed Deposits, PPF, NSC etc.
- 25% of what I save are invested in top rated diversified equity mutual funds via monthly SIPs (Systematic Investments Plan).
- 25% of what I save are invested in good large and mid-cap stocks for the long term – 10 years or more via the monthly SIPs (Systematic Investments Plan).
- 25% of what I save are invested in my derivatives trading account.
Sometimes the stock which I wanted to invest in but could not because I am not willing to break my financial portfolio risk management rules, makes more than what I expected, but I still do not regret my decision. The reason is pretty simple, one bad greedy investment may take my financial returns back by two years. This I want to avoid at any cost. By keeping my financial management rules in check I can sleep peacefully, knowing very well even if one part does not perform well, the other parts will do and my total finances will grow positively at the end of financial year.
Assuming I let greed take over and break my fixed deposits and invest in a stock for one year and after one year I see that the stock is down by 20%, I will rue my decision. Instead if making 8% returns by fixed deposits in that money, I would have lost 20%. Taking the fixed deposit returns into account my total loss will be 28%. To avoid these kinds of mistakes I never break rules of my finance management.
The story can be different too. Assuming I break my fixed deposit and invest in a stock. After one year the stock gives a return of 25%. I get greedy and break another rule of finance management. I break another part and invest all the money in another stock and boom after one year that stock is down by 30%. Overall after 2 years the investments that could have made around 10% are still down by 5%.
Hope now it is clear why proper risk money management is very important before keeping money for trading or investing.
NOTE: It is not mandatory to follow my risk management procedures because your income and needs my differ from mine. Therefore think hard and plan your risk management before you start investing. You can change your risk management plan anytime you want but it should be logical not emotional. If you need my help to make your financial risk management portfolio rules you can contact me.
You Can Read More On My Site
What you should do now1. If you have still not subscribed for my free 5 days course you can do by filling the form above. You will learn a lot about option trading.
2. If you are a new option trader, not much experienced and are making losses you can do my paid course. I recommend Nifty Conservative Option Course for beginners because it is easy to understand and easy to trade. Even a 18 year old young trader or a housewife can learn it and start trading from next day. It will help you to earn consistent monthly income without any software or speculation or stress or big risk. You will learn proper hedging strategies that works in any market condition.
3. If you are banknifty weekly options trader you can do my Bank Nifty Weekly Options & Futures Strategy Course. You will learn future and option hedging strategies that works in volatile market condition.
TestimonialsWhat Traders Say About My Course
Course fees: Click here to know the course fees.
Here is complete process of my course1. Once you pay I will send you the course materials for studying to your email.
2. You read and ask me questions via phone/whatsapp/email to clear doubts.
3. Then you start paper trading and still can ask me questions.
4. After about one month you can start trading.
5. Since doubts can come anytime the support will be there for one year.
Within one month you can start trading on your own. No need to depend on anyone once you are on your own.
If you have any question you can contact me.
You can read about me here and my trading mistakes here.
Dilip Shaw, Founder
INCOME DISCLAIMER: Any references in this site of income made by the traders are given to me by them either through Email or WhatsApp as a Thank You message. However every trade depends on the trader and his level of risk taking capability, knowledge and experience. Moreover stock market investments and trading are subject to market risks. Therefore there is no guarantee that everyone will achieve the same or similar results. My aim is to make you a better & disciplined trader with the stock trading and investing education and strategies you get from this website. Please note that I DO NOT give tips or advisory services by SMS, Email, or WhatsApp or any other form of social media. I strictly adhere to laws of my country. I only offer education on finance, investments on stock markets in the best possible way as much as I can through this website. Still, you must consult an authorized advisor or do thorough research before investing in any stock or derivative before trading any strategy given in this website. I am not responsible for any investment decision you take after reading any article given in this website. Knowledge is the only way to get success in stock markets. I try my best to give stock market investing and trading knowledge through the articles posted in this website. Thanks for visiting my website.