Learn how to chose stocks to invest using economy moat.
Here are some important things learn to chose stocks to invest.
1. Your country’s stock index has already chosen some great stocks for you.
List of 30 stocks in BSE can be found here. This list may change from time to time.
List of 50 stocks in NSE can be found here. This list may change from time to time.
Now you have a handful of companies to research on, forget the rest.
Please note that in order to make it in the list of a country’s top stock exchanges, a company has to be well performing since years. No new comer is allowed in this list. A vigorous process is undertaken every year to chose the best performing companies in the list. Seats are always limited so only the best companies can get in.
2. Select 3 or 4 sectors which do businesses to retail traders.
Try not to select a sector that does business with only business houses, select sectors that does business with common people.
These businesses are known as BtoC – Business to Consumers. Do not select companies that do business in the BtoB Sector – Business to Business.
Here are some examples for you:
a) Banking Sector – In most families at least one member has a bank account in some bank or another.
b) FMCG Sector – Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG). These are companies making products that are sold quickly and at a low cost to consumers either in a shop near their house or online through e-commerce websites. These things include things like food items, clothes, toiletries, over-the-counter drugs, processed foods and consumables. Almost everyone needs them to survive.
c) Pharmacy Sector – These do not come under over-the-counter drugs, but specialized medicines which can be bought only when someone shows a doctor’s prescription. These are usually costly medicines.
d) Automobiles Sector – We cannot sit at home and live our lives. We have to move somewhere to survive. As kids we went to school, when we grew up we went to college, then when we got a job we had to go to our office every day, people go on tours, visit places for business assignments, change city because they were transferred or got a new job.
80% of the times in our lives we keep moving. This is not possible by walking, we need vehicles to move. Lots of people have their own vehicles now and this sector is increasing everyday. For this reason Automobiles Sector makes it to the important sectors to invest list.
e) Information Technology Sector – Now a day’s no company can do business without computers and software automating jobs. This speeds up the data processing process and saves time. Interestingly Information Technology Sector was earlier only a BtoB (Business to Business) Sector, but in this fast changing world it has also become a BtoC (Business to Consumer) Sector. We use a lot of things in our homes where Information Technology Sector comes in, like Computers, Mobile Phones, Televisions, Stock Trading Software and many other electronic devices having some or the other Information Technology object which we ourselves do not know.
Housing sector is also important but history is a proof that it was and will be a risky sector.
Now chose one stock from each of these sectors with a great Economy Moat.
What is Economic Moat
Economic moat refers to the power and advantage a company has over other companies in the same sector. These things include:
- How large and wide is its business
- Trustworthiness of its brand name
- Competitive pricing structure
- Affordability of common man to buy its products
- High demand of its products
- Its ability to contain other businesses to surpass it and small businesses in the same sector to overpower it
- Financials and company growth
- Technology changes as per the new innovations in technology
- Networking with other companies
- Patent of their products to keep at bay rival companies to copy their production process which may have cost billions to research and make. Pharmaceutical companies are well known for doing this.
Other things also includes its financial profit history for the last 5 years at least
The companies with string Economy Moat can keep their services or products prices lower to attract more business. They can lower their prices because they make a lot of profit and are willing to attract more customers by lowering prices.
Once the research is complete you will get a list of three or four companies of different sectors to invest in. You can then start investing in them through the SIP method.
SIP method is Systematic Investment Plan Method
For example you have 10,000 to invest every month and you came out with four companies to invest.
10,000 / 4 = 2500.
Now start investing Rs. 2500 in each company every month. If any company stock goes down you will be able to average it out because with the same money you will be able to buy more stocks. The average value of buying the stock will go down too. If the price of a company goes up you buy less stocks with the same money.
Over time law of averages will come in and you will be able to make good profits in a few years.
When To Sell a Stock?
This question has not been answered anywhere but here are a few pointers.
- Sell all stocks of a company if you see its Economy Moat going down.
- If you need money for your financial goals like kids education or marriage sell the stock that has made the maximum profits
- Sell all the leftover stocks in your account when you retire and keep the money in a few debt or liquid funds. Every month take money out as per your requirements and live a peaceful life.
Make sure that you nominate your spouse or children and write a will so that your children know about your investments and are able to take it out and repeat the process written above if something happens to you. If you do not write a will, your children may not be able to know or take out the money you earned in your lifetime and it will become a waste and will lie with the investment institution. Make sure before you go that this does not happen.
You Can Read More On My Site
What you should do now1. If you have still not subscribed for my free 5 days course you can do by filling the form above. You will learn a lot about option trading.
2. If you are a new option trader, not much experienced and are making losses you can do my paid course. I recommend Nifty Conservative Option Course for beginners because it is easy to understand and easy to trade. Even a 18 year old young trader or a housewife can learn it and start trading from next day. It will help you to earn consistent monthly income without any software or speculation or stress or big risk. You will learn proper hedging strategies that works in any market condition.
3. If you are banknifty weekly options trader you can do my Bank Nifty Weekly Options & Futures Strategy Course. You will learn future and option hedging strategies that works in volatile market condition.
TestimonialsWhat Traders Say About My Course
Course fees: Click here to know the course fees.
Here is complete process of my course1. Once you pay I will send you the course materials for studying to your email.
2. You read and ask me questions via phone/whatsapp/email to clear doubts.
3. Then you start paper trading and still can ask me questions.
4. After about one month you can start trading.
5. Since doubts can come anytime the support will be there for one year.
Within one month you can start trading on your own. No need to depend on anyone once you are on your own.
If you have any question you can contact me.
You can read about me here and my trading mistakes here.
Dilip Shaw, Founder
INCOME DISCLAIMER: Any references in this site of income made by the traders are given to me by them either through Email or WhatsApp as a Thank You message. However every trade depends on the trader and his level of risk taking capability, knowledge and experience. Moreover stock market investments and trading are subject to market risks. Therefore there is no guarantee that everyone will achieve the same or similar results. My aim is to make you a better & disciplined trader with the stock trading and investing education and strategies you get from this website. Please note that I DO NOT give tips or advisory services by SMS, Email, or WhatsApp or any other form of social media. I strictly adhere to laws of my country. I only offer education on finance, investments on stock markets in the best possible way as much as I can through this website. Still, you must consult an authorized advisor or do thorough research before investing in any stock or derivative before trading any strategy given in this website. I am not responsible for any investment decision you take after reading any article given in this website. Knowledge is the only way to get success in stock markets. I try my best to give stock market investing and trading knowledge through the articles posted in this website. Thanks for visiting my website.