Before new traders start trading they have “high hopes”. Here are some of the high hopes:
1. I will invest 5000 and make 10000 every month. They forget that its 100% return a month.
2. If Nifty will open gap up I will buy calls, if it opens gap down I will buy puts and make money. Its a myth that if there is a gap up the stock will keep going up or if gap down the stock will keep going down. Reversal is always possible.
3. Thought process of a new but rich-son trader: I will invest 1 lakh and make 1 crore in one year and prove my dad that he is a fool working hard in his business making just 30% return a year.
4. In five years time I will be a multimillionaire.
5. New option trader: I will buy an option for 10 and sell at 20 – doubling my money every time I trade because I have seen that happening many times.
Reality: ALL of the above are just a myth, not a reality.
With time the stock markets teach them the reality.
Here are checklist for new traders before you start trading:
1. Make a list of all your trades – its profit loss and the mistakes you did
When I say each trade it means that. Buy a note book (yes a note book – not just a soft copy – but make a hard copy). Write date of trade, time taken to trade, closing time of the trade, total money at risk, why you took the trade, profit or loss and reasons for profit or loss. Everything is important.
Review this note book at the end of every trade.
2. Money Management
You must know how much you are willing to risk in each trade. When starting new do not risk more that Rs.1000 per trade even if you are son of a very rich man or you have a very high salary. 1000 rupees is 1000 rupees – it has same value whether in hands of a beggar or Mukesh Ambani (one of the richest man in world and the richest man in India). Later when you have some experience you can increase the stop loss limit.
Therefore you must keep a stop-loss in the system as soon as your trade is triggered. Read this for more information on stop loss:
Best Ways To Keep Stop Loss For Intra Day Trading
3. Moving Averages
If you want to be day (intraday) trader focus on moving averages. If you want to trade in very small time frame then 5 minutes moving average is the best indicator. Read this: How to trade moving average
4. Do not trade as soon as markets open
New traders cannot stop themselves to start trading as soon as markets open. This is a very wrong time to trade. During the first half hour and last half hour it is the new traders who are quite active in markets. First half hour belongs to the novice intraday traders, the last half hour belongs to the stop-loss takers and BTST (Buy Today Sell Tomorrow) traders – hoping to trade the gap up and down.
Fact: Markets take time to settle down when professional traders enter. Professional traders enter only after 9.45 am and leave (close their trades) before 3 pm.
5. Plan your trade before you enter
You cannot trade without a plan, you will most likely fail. Therefore you must know exactly what you are doing in your trade. Just trading to trade (speculative trades) will not make you money.
6. Educate Yourself
Keep reading and researching if you want to be a serious trader and make it a full time income. Anything that you find yourself good at, research more on that subject. For example due to good liquidity, proper fills and trading volumes I mostly trade Nifty options and Bank Nifty options in a very conservative way.
Contact me if you are interested in doing the course.
You Can Read More On My Site
What you should do now1. If you have still not subscribed for my free 5 days course you can do by filling the form above. You will learn a lot about option trading.
2. If you are a new option trader, not much experienced and are making losses you can do my paid course. I recommend Nifty Conservative Option Course for beginners because it is easy to understand and easy to trade. Even a 18 year old young trader or a housewife can learn it and start trading from next day. It will help you to earn consistent monthly income without any software or speculation or stress or big risk. You will learn proper hedging strategies that works in any market condition.
3. If you are banknifty weekly options trader you can do my Bank Nifty Weekly Options & Futures Strategy Course. You will learn future and option hedging strategies that works in volatile market condition.
TestimonialsWhat Traders Say About My Course
Course fees: Click here to know the course fees.
Here is complete process of my course1. Once you pay I will send you the course materials for studying to your email.
2. You read and ask me questions via phone/whatsapp/email to clear doubts.
3. Then you start paper trading and still can ask me questions.
4. After about one month you can start trading.
5. Since doubts can come anytime the support will be there for one year.
Within one month you can start trading on your own. No need to depend on anyone once you are on your own.
If you have any question you can contact me.
You can read about me here and my trading mistakes here.
Dilip Shaw, Founder
INCOME DISCLAIMER: Any references in this site of income made by the traders are given to me by them either through Email or WhatsApp as a Thank You message. However every trade depends on the trader and his level of risk taking capability, knowledge and experience. Moreover stock market investments and trading are subject to market risks. Therefore there is no guarantee that everyone will achieve the same or similar results. My aim is to make you a better & disciplined trader with the stock trading and investing education and strategies you get from this website. Please note that I DO NOT give tips or advisory services by SMS, Email, or WhatsApp or any other form of social media. I strictly adhere to laws of my country. I only offer education on finance, investments on stock markets in the best possible way as much as I can through this website. Still, you must consult an authorized advisor or do thorough research before investing in any stock or derivative before trading any strategy given in this website. I am not responsible for any investment decision you take after reading any article given in this website. Knowledge is the only way to get success in stock markets. I try my best to give stock market investing and trading knowledge through the articles posted in this website. Thanks for visiting my website.