Puts are Costly than Calls – Arbitrage opportunity:
Nifty is currently at 7450. Considering 7450 as ATM (At The Money) here are the prices.
31-Mar-16 PE 7,450.00 158.50
31-Mar-16 CE 7,450.00 109.20
There can be lots of reasons why one call is costlier than puts (70% of the times), and why puts are costlier than calls (30% of the times). Every time the reason can be different but this time I think since Nifty was falling sharply since long, the Puts became costly and it will take some time for both the Options to get normalized.
But we are least bothered about it, because those who love arbitrage here is an opportunity:
Do ATM credit spread on the Put, and with the money you get buy a near Call. Three things can happen now:
1. If Nifty does not move then there is nothing much to lose as you did not pay anything from your pocket.
2. If Nifty goes up – great you make money for free. Best situation and very likely. 🙂
3. If Nifty goes down there can be loss. Right now it looks very difficult that Nifty will fall suddenly. But if that happens you must be ready to take a stop loss. Remember that credit spread means there is a protection so the losses are limited.
Disclaimer: Since the above strategy is Free For All – No support will be given on this. Please trade on your own risk. I am very busy helping my paid clients grow their income.
For those who have done my conservative course – What to do now?
Stop Loss Hit In Strategy 1 After Long Time.
So basically this unexpected swift movement of Nifty caused some damage and our Strategy 1 hit a Stop Loss after a long time. Remember my article of “6800 Bottom For Nifty” – well it reversed from there and how. 🙂
Please do not panic. The success rate is 80% anyway and as traders we should know that sometimes stop loss will be hit and we have to take a small loss. Those who are seeing this Stop Loss for the first time must be overjoyed. Why? Because earlier when they used to take stop loss (when they traded on tips or on their own) – the stop loss took away months of profits. But here with our highly conservative strategies, the losses are small and manageable. At max we go back 5-6 days. So we get enough time in the same month to recover our losses by trading Strategy 2.
Remember when you called me and inquired about the strategies, I told you the same that there can be losses but they will be far and few and small and manageable. This is the time to experience it. This is pretty normal and may happen 2-3 times a year.
Strangely some of my clients do not see losses for a long time. But lets not count them. Even I consider myself an average trader. But I have learned to control greed – that itself makes me much better than 80% of the traders. The rest the conservative strategies and discipline takes care.
Today I am happy with even 1% profit in a month. When I make only 1%, I tell myself 1% return a month is 12% return a year, which is much better than Fixed Deposit in a Bank, and is certainly much much better than losing money trading.
Fact is over a period of time we know we will make more than 12% a year. 🙂
When VIX is high usually I do not go to Strategy 2 if the SL is hit. We are still getting great premiums – so why not just shift the whole Strategy 1 to new strikes with 7400 as ATM?
Do that now if the stop loss is hit. Please shift the whole Strategy 1 to 7400 as ATM. Those who did not trade can still trade Strategy 1 now.
When we started this trade, VIX was high – but now it has fallen. Because of this the losses also gets small.
That’s the beauty of this strategy – if VIX falls then we also lose less even if the momentum of Nifty movement is high.
Once the movement stops – there will be calmness for months and we keep making money again for months.
Keep trading and enjoy the journey, and please do send me feedback by email.
You Can Read More On My Site
What you should do now1. If you have still not subscribed for my free 5 days course you can do by filling the form above. You will learn a lot about option trading.
2. If you are a new option trader, not much experienced and are making losses you can do my paid course. I recommend Nifty Conservative Option Course for beginners because it is easy to understand and easy to trade. Even a 18 year old young trader or a housewife can learn it and start trading from next day. It will help you to earn consistent monthly income without any software or speculation or stress or big risk. You will learn proper hedging strategies that works in any market condition.
3. If you are banknifty weekly options trader you can do my Bank Nifty Weekly Options & Futures Strategy Course. You will learn future and option hedging strategies that works in volatile market condition.
TestimonialsWhat Traders Say About My Course
Course fees: Click here to know the course fees.
Here is complete process of my course1. Once you pay I will send you the course materials for studying to your email.
2. You read and ask me questions via phone/whatsapp/email to clear doubts.
3. Then you start paper trading and still can ask me questions.
4. After about one month you can start trading.
5. Since doubts can come anytime the support will be there for one year.
Within one month you can start trading on your own. No need to depend on anyone once you are on your own.
If you have any question you can contact me.
You can read about me here and my trading mistakes here.
Dilip Shaw, Founder
INCOME DISCLAIMER: Any references in this site of income made by the traders are given to me by them either through Email or WhatsApp as a Thank You message. However every trade depends on the trader and his level of risk taking capability, knowledge and experience. Moreover stock market investments and trading are subject to market risks. Therefore there is no guarantee that everyone will achieve the same or similar results. My aim is to make you a better & disciplined trader with the stock trading and investing education and strategies you get from this website. Please note that I DO NOT give tips or advisory services by SMS, Email, or WhatsApp or any other form of social media. I strictly adhere to laws of my country. I only offer education on finance, investments on stock markets in the best possible way as much as I can through this website. Still, you must consult an authorized advisor or do thorough research before investing in any stock or derivative before trading any strategy given in this website. I am not responsible for any investment decision you take after reading any article given in this website. Knowledge is the only way to get success in stock markets. I try my best to give stock market investing and trading knowledge through the articles posted in this website. Thanks for visiting my website.